August 25, 2011

Welcome Home!

Greetings readers! First of all, a thousand apologies for my extended absence. Due to some unfortunate financial circumstances, I have been unable to cook as many meals of substance as I would like; however, the prodigal blogger has returned!

Tonight, I give you one of my favorite recipes- chicken pot pie. This recipe was one of the first to make me feel accomplished as a home cook. The recipe is very simple and a great dish to use when you have leftover vegetables.

You will need:

1-2 chicken breasts
2 cups vegetables
1 10oz can of potato soup
1 tsp tarragon
1 8 oz package of crescent rolls
Cheese (optional)

The first thing you will need to do is broil your chicken for 12 minutes (if you need a reminder, see the method in margarita chicken).

When your chicken is ready, put a 10-12" cast iron skillet over medium low heat and pour in your soup. Now, here is the part where you can customize as you please. Mix your 2 cups vegetables in with your soup. For Trevor and me, I use a mix of corn, peas, and carrots, but feel free to use whatever choices suit your fancy! Lima beans and green beans would also be excellent selections.

Set your oven to 400 degrees and slice your chicken into cubes.

When the soup has slightly thinned (and your vegetables have thawed if you use frozen), add your chicken and teaspoon of tarragon (dried is a lot easier to keep on hand).

If you would like to add shredded cheese (chedder or mozzarella are what I prefer), now is the time to do it. Stir in until slightly melted.

Pour your glorious mixture into a 9" x 9" baking pan and top with your crescents.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cresents are golden brown.

Devour without mercy.

Tasty Tips for this recipe: Make it your own! Experiment with different vegetables and or try it with turkey. I'd love to hear about your results!

Happy cooking and happier eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment